If you want to see how Data-Driven Enterprise Event Planning (DEEP) applies to the real world, just take a closer look at America's favorite pastime. Everything about this spring and summer sport revolves around data. While professional managers have an encyclopedic knowledge of the players and their stats, professional sports teams have almost the same level of granular knowledge about their fans.
Our DEEP platforms have been used to generate all kinds of deep customer knowledge across a variety of the industries. And, your business doesn't have to revolve around pro sports to appreciate the kind of data that these teams analyze to determine their fans interests, demographics, and regions - right down to what sort of food they most often discuss.
Check out this data determined with a DEEP platform on the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Chicago White Sox, San Francisco Giants and the Toronto Blue Jays from over 8,300,350 Twitter mentions and a smattering of other stats:
- The New York Yankees are the most recognizable brand of the seven Major League Baseball teams that we analyzed with more than 350,000 followers from countries outside of North America (United States, Mexico, and Canada).
- The Toronto Blue Jays have the greatest proportion of followers within three key age demographics, of 18 - 24, 25 - 34, 35 - 44.
- The Chicago White Sox have the highest proportion of home city followers.
- Chinese is the most discussed food among the audience analyzed, and classic rock is the preferred musical choice.
- Baseball followers have an affinity for basketball and football, but also comedy and science fiction.
- The Toronto Blue Jays' outfielder Jose Bautista is the most influential personality between all seven teams, followed by sports journalists Adam Scheffer, Erin Andrews, and Ken Rosenthal.
Data like this can be used to generate all kinds of relevant ideas for events and promotions throughout the year. DEEP Platforms give you this knowledge.
How well do you know your fans?
To learn more about how you can use data to unlock the strategic value of your events, download our free, in-depth whitepaper by clicking on the cover below: